Keohi HDTV



Powered by Keohi Web Design


Momitsu V880

Background | Delivery | Pictures | Initial Impressions


Here are some pictures of the unit 

Before I could test the player, I had to do two things:

  1. Fix the DVD door and
  2. Replace the non-US power plug


Img_5697_1.jpg (21226 bytes) Img_5698_1.jpg (33800 bytes)

Although having the door a bit ajar (see pictures above) won't prevent use of the player, it still was a good idea to correct it complete its fit and finish.   But more importantly is that it will also seal the internals from dust, foreign materials, or even unwanted critters. 

  • I opened the case by first removing 6 screws (two on each side and two in the rear) from the case cover
  • There is a trick to removing the case.  There are two plastic tabs forward of the player just behind the front facia (see picture below).  I had to to pull up the cover from the back of   unit and make the front edge the pivot point to free the cover from the case.

Img_5752_1.jpg (29662 bytes)

  • I then removed four screws from the base of the DVD mount to separate it from the case.
  • Next, was disconnecting the ribbon data cable and the power cable from the rear of the actual DVD player device.  Removal is necessary to gain access to the DVD door.  
Img_5723_1.jpg (40254 bytes) Img_5724_1.jpg (52106 bytes)
  • For convenience, I also remove the wide metal strip (DVD guard) right above the DVD door opening.  This will provide even easier and unobstructed access to the DVD door clips.
  • The DVD door is of plastic construction held in place by a spring on the mount points at each far edge (see picture below).  Let's just say that the door isn't of the best quality construction.
Img_5733_1.jpg (29542 bytes)
  • At any rate, the left side spring had popped loose which caused the door to push forward and open.
  • I reseated the spring.  Easier said than done.  The springs are small, so it took a few minutes of creative maneuvers of persuasion to coax it into place.
  • Once done, I simply reversed the procedure and the door ajar issue was fixed (see picture below).
Img_5756_1.jpg (33676 bytes)


Just like the other players shipped from the Far East, the power plug had to be replaced to adapt the non-US plug to one that conforms to the US standard two-prong polarized variety. 

Replacing the two-prong spike plug was very easy to do.  I went to Home Depot and purchased the same plug I used for other non-US players.  I got a polarized plug (Leviton p/n 015 634-101; rated at 15A which costs about $1.25).  Since the spike plug is sealed and cannot be disassembled, I had to cut the cord just beyond the plug.   There are two wires hidden inside the insulation:  one brown (hot) and blue (neutral).  With the replacement polarized plug in hand, I connected the brown (hot) wire to the small prong and the blue (neutral) wire to the large prong.  That's about it!