<< Back to Mitsubishi Tips
Tip from Mr Bob: He was able to find
out what the service menu codes are for the WS-series Mitsus.
"Found it! It's Menu 1257 and Menu 1259 -- which is the convergence and geometry
part of the alignment menu.
- Add 6 to get into the Misc. menu--don't ask me, we'll have to feel that one out --
- Add 5 for the coarse conv/geom alignments,
- Add 4 for the fine conv/geom alignment -- 64 point.
The rest of the basic commands are the same as in the Menu 2357 genre."
If above code does not work for convergence ...
Tip from sattothestars: "As I
recall, it is to 2356 and then 4 for fine convergence. If not that, 2359 or 8 plus
More Service Codes
Tip from Jerome
To activate HD input, he suggests the procedure below:
"1257 should work on the 50803 for service menu access. To enable the HD input try
- Press MENU-1-3-7-0 on your Mits. remote
- Use the up and down arrow keys to select DTV INPUT. The default selection should be
- Press ENTER until the default selection switches to HD.
- Press MENU twice to exit the service menu.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT MESS WITH ANY OF THE OTHER SETTINGS ON THIS SCREEN. YOU CAN COMPLETELY
DESTROY THE GEOMETRY AND CONVERGENCE IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL!
- Now you should be able to use the INPUT button on your remote to cycle through the
inputs; there is now a new input immediately following ANT-B; this is the HD input.
- If you are connected to an STB like a DTC-100, press the HD MONITOR button on the
DTC-100 and you should be in business!"
Even More Info
Menu 1257, and 1259 should work to access the service menu.
- Pressing the "Audio" button changes selections on the adjustment functions.
- Press audio to reach the "Defl Jung" adjustment.
- Pressing "Video" selects individual adjustments in the Defl Jung selection.
- Use the "adjust up/down" buttons to change individual settings.
- Press "enter" to save changes. The character display turns to red for
approximately one second in this step. (To quit and exit without saving changes, press
- In the Defl jung menu (raster adjustment), #1 should be Horizontal width. #7
should be vertical height. #14 should be horizontal positioning.
(Note: on the 65903 #20 is vertical positioning, however changes have no effect).
Changes can be made in NTSC and in HD mode. Pressing "info" toggles between
NTSC and HD modes. However data is NOT automatically saved without pressing enter before
toggling. I reccomend doing NTSC and HD separately as you will be using different feeds.
Before making any changes, go through the adjustment menu you will be modifying and
note every original setting. That way if you screw something up, you can restore your
Other Codes to try:
Other folks also suggest using menu 2-3-5-7 or 2-3-5-8
For newer Mitsus (809, 908, 909, and 819 sets), HT user
suggest using 0-1-5-7 and 0-1-5-9. He notes that 0-1-7-0 will get you to the
initialize menu for net command sets.